• Financial Aid


     Seniors, the priority filing period for government sponsored financial aid begins on January 1, 2013 and ends on March 2, 2013. If you have a valid social security number and plan to attend a two or four year college/university, you should apply for financial aid through the FAFSA. Click on the link below to get to the FAFSA. Remember you cannot start applying until January 1, 2013.

    Go to FAFSA




    Cal Grants are one of the smartest ways to get cash for college. For starters, it's money you don't have to pay back. If you're a graduating high school senior or recent graduate, meet academic, financial and eligibility requirements and submit two forms by the Cal Grant deadline, you may receive a Cal Grant!

    What is the Cal Grant deadline?
    You must apply by March 2 to maximize your opportunity to receive an award.

    If you miss the March 2 Cal Grant deadline AND you plan to attend a community college in the fall, you have until September 2 to apply. However, the number of Cal Grant awards is limited.

    How Much Money Are We Talking About?

    With a Cal Grant you can get up to $12,192 a year to pay for college expenses at any qualifying California college, university or career or technical school in California. Depending on which Cal Grant you get, the money can be used for tuition, room and board, even books and pencils. The best part is, it's yours to keep and you don't have to pay it back.

    How To Apply:  

    In addition to the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), to apply for a Cal Grant a school certified Grade Point Average (GPA) must be submitted to the California Student Aid Commission (Commission) by the filing deadline. A GPA form can be obtained in the Career Center.

    Please click for general eligibility requirements.


    To participate in the Cal Grant Program, a California university or college must have an approved Institutional Participation Agreement with the California Student Aid Commission and meet certain requirements in California law.

    To look up an eligible school click here or to download a list of all qualifying Cal Grant schools click here.

    To see if your school is ineligible due to the new CDR or graduate rate requirements click here.



    Completion of this application is required to determine eligibility for California student financial aid for AB540 eligible students. Your application will be processed by the California Student Aid Commission.

    The Dream Application is not an application for federal financial aid. Students who are eligible to file the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), must use that application to maximize their opportunity to receive student financial aid. The FAFSA application is on-line at www.fafsa.gov. Students should not complete both applications.

    Assembly Bill (AB) 540 was passed in 2001 to allow non-resident students in California to pay the lower resident tuition and fees to California's public colleges and universities. In October 2011, AB131 was signed into law and allows students eligible for AB540 to also apply for state financial aid like the University of California Grants, State University Grants and Board of Governor's fee waivers for the 2012-13 school year and later Cal Grants for the 2013-14 school year.

    To qualify for California financial aid through AB131, non-resident students, including undocumented students, must:

    • Have attended a California high school for 3 or more full academic years between grades 9 through 12. They do not need to be consecutive years;
    • Have or will graduate from a California high school or have attained a G.E.D.; or received a passing mark on the California High School Proficiency Exam (CHSPE);
    • Register or be currently enrolled at an accredited institution of higher education in California;
    • Not hold a valid non-immigrant visa (F,J,H,L,A,B,E, etc.);
    • Demonstrate financial need and meet all other program requirements.

    If you believe you meet these requirements, please click the Dream Application link below.

    Go to California Dream Act Application


    For detailed instructions on completing the CA Dream Act Application click here