El Monte Union High School District
CTE Vision Statement
El Monte Union High School District students will be lifelong learners and problem solvers, empowered to be agents of change in an ever-expanding global environment by incorporating rigorous academics with industry-supported, real-world experiences.
What is CTE?
Career Technical Education (CTE) prepares students for college and career. Students take a sequence of courses, called a Pathway, within one of 15 industry sectors. The Pathways offer introductions to the career opportunities within the sector, and then provide specialized training that can help students earn certificates or enter the workforce, or be ready to gain more expertise through a college program.
Industry Sectors and Pathways
Each school in the El Monte Union High School District offers Pathways based on student interest, economic factors, local job opportunities, community partnerships, and available resources. Click on the school name (left) for more information. Pathways include:
- Design, Visual, and Media Arts (Graphic Design)
- Professional Theater (Stage Technology)
- Design, Visual, and Media Arts - Performing Arts (Professional Theatre)
- Cabinetry, Millwork, and Woodworking
- Financial Services
- Engineering Design
- Machining and Performing Technologies (Manufacturing)
- Food Science, Dietetics, and Nutrition
- Food Service and Hospitality
- Automotive Systems Diagnostics, Service, and Repair
- Production and Managerial Arts (Film/Video Production)
- Public Safety (Law Enforcement)
- Healthcare Operational Support Services
- Patient Care
- Healthcare Administrative Services
- Information and Communication Technologies (Systems Programming)