Welcome to Assessment, Accountability and Family Engagement
The objective of the Assessment, Accountability and Family Engagement department is to support all students and staff with supplemental services and programs. The department works closely with all stakeholders to annually revise and implement the Local Control and Accountability Plan (LCAP). The department also provides guidance and support as it relates to the implementation of targeted supplemental services.
The department provides support and guidance in the following areas:
Advancement Via Individual Determination (AVID)
College Readiness (College and Career Coordinators)
District English Learner Advisory Committee (DELAC)
Federal Categorical Funds:
- Title I
- Title II
- Title III, Part A- Limited English Proficient
- Title III, Part A- Immigrant
Federal Program Monitoring (FPM)
Local Educational Agency Plan (LEAP)
Online and Personalized Learning
Parent and Family Engagement
Parent Involvement Academy
School Site Council (SSC)
Single Plans for Student Achievement (SPSA)
Department staff works with site staff to provide students with supplemental services and materials which enhance the core curriculum and enable all students to be successful learners within the regular program. The services and materials purchased with categorical funds must be supplemental to the district core program and all expenditures must be considered necessary and reasonable.
El Monte Union High School District receives the following categorical funding:
- Title I, – Part A provides supplemental funds to close the achievement gap between disadvantaged children and other children in those areas where the highest concentrations of children from low-income families attend school.
- Title II, Part A provides grants to increase student academic achievement by improving teacher and principal quality and increasing the number of highly qualified teachers in the schools.
- Title III, Part A provides funding for supplementary programs and services for English Learners. Funds may be used for instructional support, curricular development, parental involvement and related program activities.
- Title III, Part A (Immigrant) provides funding for supplemental programs and services for identified Immigrant students.
For further information about our department or any programs we support, please don't hesitate to contact us.
Director of Assessment, Accountability and Family Engagement
El Monte Union High School District
Contact Info - Assessment, Accountability and Family Engagement3537 Johnson AveEl Monte, CA. 91731626-444-9005 x9912