Welcome to Educational Services
Greetings and welcome to the Educational Services Department web page. It is our intention to provide you with a variety of information regarding our students’ educational experiences.
The Educational Services Department assists our schools in delivering high quality instruction to ensure all EMUHSD students are college and career ready through the implementation of the California State Standards and the Common Core State Standards.
The Educational Services Department serves the learning community of the El Monte Union High School District with staff and service in the following areas:
- After School Programs
- Assessments (District and State)
- Curriculum and Instruction
- English Language Learners
- Federal & State Programs ( Categorical)
- Professional Development
- Program Improvement
- Research, Testing and Accountability
- Special Programs (LEA/MAA)
- Educational & Informational Technology Support
- Professional Development Center
Educational Services believes that the work of the department is to serve the students, families, teachers and administrators of the EMUHSD community by improving the teaching and learning conditions, expectations and opportunities for everyone—teachers, families and students.
Laura Rivas, Ed.D.
Assistant Superintendent of Educational Services
(626) 444-9005, ext. 9895