District English Learner Advisory Committee (DELAC)
The El Monte Union High School District DELAC is made up of representatives from each school's English Learner Advisory Committee (ELAC). Parents or guardians of English Learners not employed by the district must constitute a majority of the DELAC membership.
The Committee's role is to advise the district's local governing board on the following:
- Development of district master plan, including policies, per the State Board of Education (SBE) EL Roadmap Policy, guiding consistent implementation of EL educational programs and services, that takes into consideration the SPSAs.
- Conducting of a district-wide needs assessment on a school-by-school basis.
- Establishment of district program, goals, and objectives for programs and services for ELs per the SBE adopted EL Roadmap Policy.
- Development of a plan to ensure compliance with any applicable teacher and instructional aide requirements.
- Review and comment on the district's reclassification procedures.
- Review and comment on the written notifications required to be sent to parents and guardians.
- Under the local control funding formula, LEAs with at least 50 ELs and whose total enrollment includes at least 15 percent ELs must establish a DELAC, and that DELAC must carry out specific responsibilities related to the Local Control and Accountability Plan (LCAP), including providing input regarding the LEA’s existing language acquisition programs and language programs, and, where possible, the establishment of other such programs. If the DELAC acts as the ELAC under EC sections 52063(b)(1) and 52062(a)(2), the DELAC shall also review and comment on the development or annual update of the LCAP.
- Receive training materials and training, provided by the district and planned in full consultation with committee members, to assist members in carrying out their legal advisory responsibilities.
- Review and provide advice on the development of the consolidated application.
2022-2023 Meeting Dates
November 17, 2023
January 12, 2023
February 16, 2023
April 20, 2023
May 18, 2023
June 15, 2023
2022-2023 DELAC Meetings will be held at:
Time: 5:00 p.m.
Location: District Office Board Room