District English Learner Advisory Committee (DELAC)
The El Monte Union High School District DELAC is made up of representatives from each school's English Learner Advisory Committee (ELAC). Parents or guardians of English Learners not employed by the district must constitute a majority membership (51 percent or more) of the DELAC.
The Committee's role is to advise the district's local governing board on the following:
- Development of district master plan, including policies guiding consistent implementation of EL educational programs and services that takes into condsideration the SPSAs (Single School Plan for Student Achievement).
- Conducting a district-wide needs assessment on a school-by-school basis.
- Establishment of district program, goals, and objectives for programs and services for English learners.
- Development of a plan to ensure compliance with any applicable teacher and instructional aide requirements.
- Review and comment on the district's reclassification procedures.
- Review and comment on the written notifications required to be sent to parents and guardians.
- Review and comment on the development or annual update of the Local Control and Accountability Plan (LCAP).
2019-2020 Meeting Dates
December 12, 2019
January 23, 2020
February 27, 2020
April 30, 2020 (Meeting Cancelled)
May 28, 2020 (Meeting will be held virtually)
Although the meeting is open to the public, guests will need to request to be added to the invite list in order to receive the link to the Google Meet. If you would like to attend the meeting, please contact the EMUHSD EL Program Coordinator, Rossana Alvidrez, at 444-9005, extension 9916, by Wednesday, May 27.
EMUHSD Board Room
3537 Johnson Avenue
El Monte, CA 91731
Time: 5:30-8:00 pm