District English Learner Advisory Committee (DELAC)
The El Monte Union High School District DELAC is made up of representatives from each school's English Learner Advisory Committee (ELAC). Parents or guardians of English Learners not employed by the district must constitute a majority membership (51 percent or more) of the DELAC.
The Committee's role is to advise the district's local governing board on the following:
- Development or revision of a district master plan of educational programs and services for English learners that takes into consideration the Single School Plan for Student Achievement.
- Conducting a district-wide needs assessment on a school-by-school basis.
- Establishment of district programs, goals, and objectives for programs and services for English learners.
- Development of a plan to ensure compliance with any applicable teacher and instructional aide requirements.
- Review and comment on the district's reclassification procedures.
- Review and comment on the written notifications required to be sent to parents and guardians.
- Review and comment on the development of the Local Control and Accountability Plan (LCAP).
2017-2018 Meeting Dates
October 12, 2017
October 26, 2017
December 20, 2017
January 25, 2018
February 22 March 1, 2018
April 26, 2018
May 24, 2018
EMUHSD Board Room
3537 Johnson Avenue
El Monte, CA 91731
Time: 5:30-8:00 pm