Community-Based Instruction Program Goals - Will focus on independent living skills and vocational skills, emphasizing on communication and social skills in and outside the community. Students will be taught vocational skills, adaptive living skills, and community-based job skills throughout the curriculum.
- 80% of all students will be able to handle their own bathroom care by means of hand washing with help from para-professionals and/or teachers.
- 25% of our students will be able to handle money, by means of sorting, counting, showing the value of, add/subtract or exchange money successfully.
- 40% of our students will be able to show appropriate behavior in social groups.
- 50% of our students will be able to write/read/retell their own personal information.
- 35% of our students will be prepared for a potential work program with skills involving money/tokens, following 1 - 2 step instructions, or have the ability to retell basic instructions.
- 25% of our students will have transportation skills, which may include tokens, comprehension of directions (N/S/E/W), and/or completion of work experience program.
- 30% of our students will be prepared for the extended work week through the transition program/post-graduation program which can include a visit to said program with/without parent visitation.
SUP/Collaboration Program Goals - Will focus on the ability for each student to walk away from each class with a better understanding of the subject matter and be better prepared to transition into the next natural/sequential subject with this knowledge.
- 15% of our students will make a transition to the general education program.
- 30% of the students will be able to explain how the Early Enlightenment made changes and/or effects today's Democracy (SUP World History)
- 45% of the students will be able to explain how the Declaration of Independence continues to influence our Government (SUP US History)
- 60% of the students will be able to name and explain the three Branches of Government and its purposes (SUP Government)
- 30% of the students will be able to use Venn Diagrams to assist in the writing development of an assignment geared towards a text that is being read in class (SUP English)
- 20% of our students will be able to use a coherent, useful and logical format that makes use of their ability to make sense of a problem situation (SUP Math)
- 100% of our students in SUP Science classes will participate in a Science lab activity during each 6 week grading period
- An increase of opportunities of the students to attend scientific field trips to the science museum from 0 to 2 event per year (SUP Science)
- 50% of the students will receive instruction in career development, which may include developing a portfolio, visiting a college campus, receiving monthly information about a career, etc.