SCHOLARSHIP “BEWARE” TIPS:
- “Guaranteed or money back.”
- “Can’t get this info anywhere else.”
- “May I have a credit card or deposit to hold.”
- “We'll do all the work for you.”
- “Scholarship will cost money.”
- “Finalist in a contest you never entered.”
College Board: The Facts on Scholarships
- You should never pay for a scholarship search. There are many free ones.
- Organizations like businesses, clubs, and churches usually fund private scholarships for students who belong to a certain group or meet certain requirements.
- These institutions want the funds to go to qualified students. They don't keep the money a secret.
- If you have to pay money to get money, it's probably a scam.
*SCHOLARSHIP WEBSITES (CLICK ON THE LINKS BELOW):
-Peerlift Scholarships and internships
NAME: Capital Auto Auction STEM Scholarship
DEADLINE: August 15, 2020. Winners will be announced August 30, 2020.
AWARD: $1000 (1 winner), $250 2 runner ups)
REQUIREMENTS: Must be an under graduate students must be majoring in a STEM field of study(or related field) as well as attending an accredited college or university.
HOW TO APPLY: Capital Auto Auction STEM Scholarship