- Common lesson planning: (essential questions, writing prompts, research, projects, tests, etc.) in each grade level. Noted on Curriculum Maps (living, working document, updated as the year progresses):
- Update Social Science Team Drive with common Performance Tasks or link them to the Curriculum Map
- Focus curriculum around these four skills: Reading, Writing, Speaking, Research (CAASPP Claims)
- Writing across the department improved from the previous year = Writing less, more often (1 body paragraph)
- Expand the DBQ “Cheat Sheet” into the English department
- Support RHS and its students outside of the classroom
- Be Awesome
Plan of Action:
- Delegate 3 department late starts per semester to serve as a Course Lead meeting. Review and compare assessments and data. Continue to update team drive with a shared curriculum. Progress measured with a common assignment per unit.
- Same as A
- Measured by Performance Tasks. Give 4 Performance Tasks per semester. Each will measure and emphasize specific skill: Reading, Writing, Speaking, Research
- Students in World and US History will use their Essay Organizer and write a minimum of 1 structured paragraph to answer an essential question per unit.
- Measured by communication with Felix, Crockwell, and Douglas
- Attend one extracurricular activity per semester