Vocational Nursing Program
The Vocational Nursing (VN) program is a 12-month program to train students for an entry-level vocational nursing position. It is a full-time commitment. Upon successful completion, students will be eligible to take the NCLEX-PN ® examination. The VN program is approved by the Board of Vocational Nursing and Psychiatric Technicians (BVNPT).
- EMRAS VN Program Application form completed with non-refundable $30 fee.
- ATI TEAS 6 --required preadmission exam with non-refundable $70 fee.
- Driver’s License or Government ID copy.
- Social Security card copy.
- Provide proof of a high school diploma or GED certificate from an accredited school with official transcripts, or college degree with official transcripts from an accredited college.
- AHA CPR Card (current) that will not expire before end-of-program.
- (3) Employer Letters of Recommendation.
- Personal Interview with Director of Nursing Education.
Prerequisites (If you need to take these courses, we offer them online)
- Medical Terminology (passed with grade “C” or higher) within the last 5 years.
- Medical Math (passed with grade “B” or higher) within the last 5 years.
- Anatomy & Physiology (passed grade “C” or higher) within the last 5 years
Effective June 17, 2019 taking Medical Terminology at El Monte-Rosemead Adult School will satisfy the Vocational Nursing Program's Medical Terminology prerequisite. If you took Medical Terminology at El Monte-Rosemead Adult School prior to June 17, 2019 it will not satisfy the Medical Terminology prerequisite and you will need to take the new Medical Terminology class.