Nurse Assistant Training
EMRAS nursing assistant program is a pre-certification CNA program. Our Nurse Assistant Training Program provides individuals with the information and the experience needed to become a Nurse Assistant who is able to provide quality care for residents in long-term care facilities, home health, hospice care, hospitals and other health care settings. This course is preparation for the State Nurse Assistant Certification Exam.
Students must meet the following as required by the California State Department of Public Health to be eligible:
- Be 18 years old.
- CA Driver’s License or Identification Card
- Social Security Card
- CASAS reading test for Adult Education. Passing requirement: 8th grade level or higher.
- Pregnancy: If a student is pregnant, she must obtain a doctor’s clearance.
- Students who place in the “Top Score Range” on the CASAS assessment will be contacted by EMRAS. The selection process will be based on scores ranked from highest to lowest.
- Eligible Nursing Assistant Training students must pass a background check, drug screening, and health clearance prior to enrollment per contracts with CDPH and clinical facilities. (Do NOT proceed with background check, drug screening, and health clearance unless you have been instructed to do so by EMRAS personnel. If you are eligible, you will be contacted with instructions.)
Credit for this course is accepted by local vocational nursing (LVN) programs.