• Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

    Who can attend?
    Adults over 18, there is no restriction associated with your place of residence.

    How can I register?
    All students must fill out a registration form, take an assessment test and then register in room 120. Students must register in person.

    Assessment Center Hours (Room 118):
    Monday - Thursday
    8:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
    5:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.
    8:30 a.m. - 1:30 p.m.

    Registration Office Hours (Room 120):
    Monday - Thursday
    8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
    5:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.
    8:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.

    How much does it cost to attend the school?
    There is a $20 quarterly registration fee for Career Technical Education and Civic Engagement Class and a $5 class fee will be charged for each CTE class. Some courses may require additional program, lab or material fee. Fees, books and other supplies purchased at our registration office must be paid with cash or credit card (Visa or Master Card only) Checks are not accepted.

    Do I have to pay for books?
    Some classes require textbooks that need to be purchased

    Do you offer High School Diploma and GED?
    Yes, we offer High School Diploma classes through Regularly Scheduled classes, Independent Study Labs, Home Study/Independent Study and Online Independent Study Labs.

    We administer the GED test. To register for the official GED test students must create a profile online at www.ged.com. After registering, students can select available testing dates, times, and locations.

    Do you offer Financial Aid?
    Financial Aid is not offered, but our programs are very affordable.

    I don’t have a green card, may I still attend?
    Yes, you may attend.

    What time of day do you offer your classes?
    Classes are offered at various times throughout the day from 8:00 am to 9:00 pm.

    How do I know which ESL classes to sign up for?
    Students enter ESL by registering and taking a placement exam. The student will then be advised of their level and which classes are available. If no openings are available, students will be placed on a waiting list and notified when an opening occurs.

    Do you provide childcare?
    We provide a free babysitting program for currently enrolled students.

    Do I need to speak with a counselor before registering?
    It is not necessary to speak to a counselor before registering; however counselors are available to assist students with vocational and academic decisions.

    Do you have a refund policy?
    It is the intent of El-Monte Rosemead Adult School to have a fair and equitable refund policy. The following procedures have been established as part of this policy: Refunds will be issued for classes or programs cancelled by EMRAS. Refunds must be requested prior to the first class meeting whether attended or not. No refunds will be issued once classes are in session. Original receipt is required for all refunds.

    Can I apply my foreign academic credentials to programs at the Adult School?
    It is advisable to see a counselor for information regarding the evaluation of those credentials