GED/HiSET TestingThe El Monte-Rosemead Adult School administers the General Educational Development (GED) and the High School Equivalency Test (HiSET).
The following are the requirements to register for the official test:
- Must be 18 years old at the time of application
- Must be a resident of California
- Must have DMV identification
(Social Security number recommended, but not required)
- Must not have any other high school diploma, certificate, or be attending a regular high school
The counseling staff recommends students to take the GED Ready practice test before registering for the official test. The practice test can be taken in our lab for $4.50 per section or online at home for $6.00 per section. The HiSET practice test may also be taken online at www.hiset.ets.org. Upon completion of the test, the counseling staff can recommend individualized courses of study for each student. Students interested in the practice or official examination can see a counselor to obtain more information. To register for the official tests, students must create a profile online at www.ged.com or www.hiset.ets.org. After registering, students can select available testing dates, times, and locations. The El Monte-Rosemead Adult School can provide assistance and guidance during the registration process. The fee for either test is $140.00. Sections can be taken on different dates and/or testing locations. Both practice and official tests are computer based.
GED and HiSET Preparation
High School Equivalency (HSE)
Taking the GED 2014 Exam:
- The GED is a computer-based exam.
- Go to www.ged.com to register for the exam and find a test site.
- Scheduling, practice tests, and payment is done online at www.ged.com
Taking the HiSET exam:
- The HiSET is available as a computer-based exam.
- Go to www.hiset.ets.org to register for the exam and find a test site.
- Scheduling and payment is done online at www.hiset.ets.org
- Practice tests: www.hiset.ets.org/resources/prep/
$6 per subsection, or $4.50 with EMRAS Voucher code.
$35 per subsection, $140 for entire battery.
Free online interactive tests, or $10 printable Practice Tests per subsection.
$28 per subsection, or $140 for the whole battery.
What are the testing hours at EMRAS Person Vue Testing Center?
- Monday-Thursday, 8:00 a.m. - 9:00 p.m. & Friday 8:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
What do the tests cover?
- Reading and Language Arts, Mathematics, Science, and Social Studies.
Where can I find my scores?
- Scores will be available online through your GED or HiSET account.
What is a passing score?
145 or above on each subsection
45 out of 100 across a five-part battery and 8 out of 20 on each subsection. At least 2 out of 6 on essay subsection.