ATTENDANCE BULLETIN TO PARENTS AND STUDENTS
Attendance is extremely important to a child's academic success; children cannot learn if they are not in school. The Compulsory Attendance Law (E.C. 48200), requires that all children aged 6-18 attend school regularly and punctually. Absences due to personal illness, court appearance, or medical appointments can be verified if official documentation is provided. Absences due to personal reasons, oversleeping, car repair, shopping, working, lack of clothing or lunch money, babysitting, extended vacation days, or trips do not meet the legal criteria and will be designated as unverified. Absences that are not verified either through official documentation or parental notification will be marked as truant. Unauthorized or Excessive absences, even those verified by parents, may lead to disciplinary actions which include but are not limited to detention assignments, Saturday School Assignments, parent conferences, referral to the Student Attendance Review Board (SARB), or alternative placement.
RETURNING TO SCHOOL AFTER AN ABSENCE
Students are to report to the Attendance Office with a verification of absence, which must include students full name, date and reason for absence. Student will be given a re-admit card, which must be signed by each teacher from whose class they have been absent to. The Attendance Office opens daily at 7:00 am to allow students to pick up their re-admit card with enough time to avoid being tardy to class.
- Students will not be permitted to leave campus at anytime without permission.
- If a student becomes ill, they need to report to the Nurses Office. Students are not to call their parents directly from their cell phone. The nurse will see student and decide if it is necessary to send the student home. Parent/guardians will be contacted to come in to check students out through the Nurses Office.
- Students must have an Off-Campus Permit to leave campus during lunch time, otherwise students are not able to leave campus during lunch. In order to obtain an Off-Campus Permit from the school, students must have good attendance and good grades.
- If a student has a doctor, dental, or personal appointment, parent/guardian must check student out through the Attendance Office. Students must present official medical verification that they were seen in order to get an absence excused.
- STUDENTS THAT LEAVE CAMPUS WITHOUT PERMISSION ARE CONSIDERED TO BE TRUANT.