We want as many Lions as possible to enjoy an athletic experience at EMHS!
Fall sports: Girls' and boys' cross country, girls' tennis, football, girls' volleyball
Winter sports: Girls' and boys' basketball, girls' and boys' wrestling, and girls' and boys' soccer
Spring sports: Softball, baseball, boys' tennis, and track and field
Year round: Band, color guard, and cheerleading
To tryout, practice, or play, all student athletes MUST be cleared by Maggie or Ms. Price. Pick up a sports registration packet today in the Activities Office and:
1) Have a current physical stamped and signed by a medical doctor and signed by your parent/guardian
2) Bring in your medical insurance card
3) Sign a CIF Code of Ethics
4) Sign a concussion form
5) Bring in two complete emergency cards
6) Meet the EMUHSD eligibility requirements
Student Insurance: All student athletes are REQUIRED to have medical insurance. If you need insurance, special rates are available to all students. Stop by the Activities Office today!
EMUHSD Eligibility Requirements based on Board Policy 7.19:
All students participating in sports, cheer, choir, band, drama, ASB and all specified clubs and other activities as designated by the Principal, must meet eligibility requirements. If a student does not meet the below listed requirements, he/she will become ineligible to play or perform for the following six (6) weeks:
1) Earn a 2.0 GPA (grade point average) each six (6) week grading period
2) Pass at least four (4) classes each six-week grading period
3) Have no more than one "4" as a citizenship mark
A probation period will be granted only if the student was previously eligible according to Board Policy, AND the student is currently passing four (4) or more classes and meeting citizenship requirements, BUT their GPA has dropped below a 2.0 GPA.