SCHOLARSHIP “BEWARE” TIPS:
- “Guaranteed or money back.”
- “Can’t get this info anywhere else.”
- “May I have a credit card or deposit to hold.”
- “Well do all the work for you.”
- “Scholarship will cost money.”
- “Finalist in a contest you never entered.”
College Board: The Facts on Scholarships
- You should never pay for a scholarship search. There are many free ones.
- Organizations like businesses, clubs, and churches usually fund private scholarships for students who belong to a certain group or meet certain requirements.
- These institutions want the funds to go to qualified students. They don't keep the money a secret.
- If you have to pay money to get money, it's probably a scam.
*SCHOLARSHIP WEBSITES (CLICK ON THE LINKS BELOW):
-COLLEGEBOARD BIG FUTURE
-PEERLIFT Scholarships and internships
College Board Scholarship -Available for the first time, starting with the class of 2020.
NAME: What Will Be Your Trademark
DEADLINE: Thursday, February 15, 2020
REQUIREMENTS: Must be either out-going high school seniors (graduating summer 2020)or students enrolled in a community college, university, trade school, or law school as of the start of the spring 2020 semester. Must submit an application and a 500- word essay. When will the winner be selected and notified? A winner will be selected by no later than March 15, 2020. HOW TO APPLY: https://www.mandourlaw.com/trademark-scholarship/