EMUHSD's Technology Take Home Initiative
EXCITING NEWS!!! Starting this 2018-19 school year, the El Monte Union High School District has created a Technology Take Home Program to provide our students with the ability to check out a laptop (Chromebook), internet hotspot (MiFi) and backpack from the school libraries, for use as needed by our students at home. EMUHSD is committed to preparing our students for their future and believes that this objective cannot be accomplished without access to technology. The district is also committed to providing EVERY student, their own dedicated Chromebook device starting the 2019-2020 school year.
The current Technology Take Home Program provides our students with opportunities to leverage technology for learning both at home and at school and ensures that all students have equitable access to digital learning resources. It is our goal that students will learn to:
- access to digital resources where and when they need them;
- proficiently and safely use information, media, and technology to succeed in a digital world;
- communicate with peers, teachers, and appropriate resources beyond the schoolhouse in support of learning;
- learn, share, collaborate and create to think and solve problems;
- manage work, equipment, resources, and timelines to lead to accomplishment; and
- take ownership of goals and apply resources to reach them.
For additional information such as Check-Out Steps, Program Resource Links and Frequently Asked Questions about the Technology Take program, click the links or use the menu on the left side of this page.